Realtors and home owners, please use this checklist as a guide in preparing your home for the photo shoot.
- Move vehicles from drive and away from the front of home.
- Place trash barrels inside the garage or out of sight.
- Clean windows and mirrors.
- Remove the Realtor sign (if applicable).
- Mow and landscape yard as needed. The exterior photo is usually the cover for the MLS listing - IMPORTANT!
- Clear all counter tops, including any sink and cleaning supplies.
- Remove any small appliances including toaster, blenders, etc.
- Front of refrigerator should be clear of magnets, paper, and pictures.
- Hide your trashcan.
- Open all drapes and blinds.
- Move/Remove any furniture that obstructs windows.
- Turn all ceiling fans OFF. They will create a motion blur in your photo.
- Turn all inside lights ON. This will help balance the light in most areas.
- Open doors between rooms to give an open feeling when possible.
- Remove ALL evidence of pets including water/foods bowls and beds.
- Hide rugs from floors, especially from tile or wood floors.
- Try to conceal any cords.
- Replace any burnt out light bulbs.
- Clear clutter - shoes, TOYS, umbrellas, every day items you may use.
- Depersonalize and remove family photos/portraits.
- Toilet lids should be down.
- Clear the Counter-top from absolutely every item considered to be personal.
- Hide your cleaning brushes and trashcans.
- Close Shower Curtains. If shower is tiled, I will photograph it open.
- Full rolls of toilet paper.